You know, I have no idea what to call the artifacts of my work…oh, geez, pretentious much?
I have no idea what to call the audio I make. The genre it best marches is Drone…and even though it’s been around since the mid-twentieth century, few know of it.
And Drone has too many meanings
Radio controlled toys and flying death machines
Low ranked or oblivious worker
A musical form that played with note lengths and timing
An digital music genre that shapes overlapping waves
The sound of existence
Drone is the sound of the fabric of reality stretching to accommodate existence
It’s the self creating scofffold straining under the weight of being
That’s how I use the word Drone
Franklyn Monk Dronecast #32, Raumo: z0
Z0 or Z0 may refer to:
- Characteristic impedance, a ratio used in electronics
- Impedance of free space, a physical constant
- Z boson, an elementary particle that mediates the weak force
- a rare rail transport modelling scale
- Roughness length, a factor used in wind speed calculations
- Z0 sex-determination system in biology
Video: ffmpeg, with heavy postprocessing in ShotCut and iMovie
Titles: inkscape, and no I’m not satisfied with them. I just had to stop, I had to stop. So I stopped with the promise that my next video will have better title/credit cards.
Episode link | Archive.org item | Youtube