Here’s a screenshot of a spreadsheet I made to figure out how much time to add or subject from a sample to hit on the nearest full beat.
I was working on this during the first round of loss. I somehow finished it afterwards.
I’ve lost the original Illustrator version. Hopefully one of these years I’ll have enough money to have the hard-drive recovered, but I doubt if I ever will. So much art gone. Oh well, I’ve lost everything else anyway, so whatever.
I’ve just completed this twine tree for the nursery of my yet to be born great niece or nephew! Love ya, kiddo!
It’s taken two weeks of laying down strand after painful strand of twine, and blood, and contemplation. It was exhausting and bloody, but I learned a lot of myself and the creative process. I’m sure the experience be bleeding into my poetry pretty soon.
Speaking of which, I have to go, I have to prepare for a reading tonight. I threw together something new, rewrote something old, and might throw in something else. But I don’t know how long I’ll have the stage for. Makes it difficult to plan. I’m nervous, but I’ll survive.