Hunted all night to figure out why the text on my site was so small. I dissected the parent theme, every plugin, anything that adds any css. Checked and double checked every style in use. Rewrote font-size rules. And then I discovered it only affected the front page—category and tag pages worked properly. The second page on through worked properly.
There was my clue, must be a malformed post somewhere on the front page some where, must be the first one. That damn thing was written in haste and love and has all kinds of markup. I dig through that a line at a time and discover an unclosed
Of course of course.
The lesson here is 1) get adequate rest, I’ve been kinda over doing it lately 2) look at the obvious things first 3) check out other contexts—had I compared other pages to the front it would’ve been obvious.
Mistakes made, lessons learned, good night.